3. In 2014, students who are prioritised to receive BSM funds include:
4. In March/April 2014 (for BSM beneficiares at second semester of the 2013/2014 academic year August/September (new students for the 2014/2015 academic year), Ministry of Education and Culture (MOEC) and Ministry of Religious Affairs (MORA) will issue a BSM final confirmation letter that can be used to access the BSM benefit at all education level. Elementary level students (SD/MI) will receive IDR 225.000/semester, IDR 375.000/semester for the Junior High level students and IDR 500.000 for the Senior High level students (SMA/SMK/MK).
5. Eligible and selected students, can begin to access their BSM benefit, from the payment institution by bringing some of the supporting documents below:
About The Cash Transfers For Poor Students (BSM) Programme
BSM programme is one of the National Programme for the provision of cash grants directly to school-age children / students of all education courses (SD / MI, SMP / MTs, SMA / SMK / MA) who come from poor families and vulnerable (ie approximately 15.43 million students for the academic year 2013/2014) in accordance with established criteria.
BSM Program Objectives are:
• Eliminating impediments to poor students participating in school by helping poor students gain access to good educational services.
• Prevent the dropout rate and attract poor students to attend school.
• Helping to meet the needs of poor students in learning activities.
• Support the completion of the Compulsory Nine-Year Basic Education even up to the secondary level.